Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oak Leaf Meet 'n Greet

July 24- My House

The Thursday after my birthday, I'm hosting the first official Oak Leaf get-together. Sort of a cross between a party and a story meeting

Last year, we toyed around with the idea of having a wrap party every time we finished an issue, but we never got around to organizing one. But this year, I really want to change that.

So next Thursday, I'm going to have a meeting at my house. So we can meet each other, joke around, have dinner, and hopefully get a little bit of brainstorming done.

Be There!!!!

Some of the Stuff I Want To Do:
I really think that before we go in to the school year and have to start really working on The Oak Leaf we should decide what we want The Oak Leaf to be.

Serious or Funny? Brightly-colored or Black&White? Focused on Students or on the whole community?

So I want to have a discussion about that.

I also think it would be fun to have a newspaper/magazine slam, where we debate the merits of various newspapers and magazines.

I think we should work on Oak Leaf Do's and Don'ts lists (i.e. Don'ts would include: "Don't make your editor work in the newsroom alone until like 7:30 at night.")

But none of that's set in stone.

Mostly I just want to have fun at the meeting.

No comments: